-
October 6th, 2007, 02:20 PM
#61
moderator
These are our remaining, unsolved Rock Band Anagrams!
</font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">02) doom heart
06) think glad sea
07) sad ham at same pen path
09) her pope melts in
12) d`a`m`n nerf man
13) pink mug shim snaps
14) lord verve d`u`n`g tune
15) split pen lets me too
16) eat eastern fry</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Okie dokie contestants, we HAVE reached the point in this game that we like to call THE LIGHTNING ROUND. Actually it's just HINT TIME with a fancy label.
In this round, I will give you nine hints (one for each remaining anagram.)
They are in no particular order.
The hints, according to our experts, will help you come up with band names, which will then, in turn, make figgering out the remaining ROCK BAND ANAGRAMS, that much easier!
I know you are anxious to get started (hope so anyway) so let's get started, right now!
Here are your LIGHTNING ROUND HINTS:
H1) Their supersonic version of "Going Home" was a smash hit at the 1969 Woodstock Festival.
H2) Their bassist also plays in another band, called The Tom Tom Club.
H3) Their autobiographical "Creeque Alley" hit #5 in 1967.
H4) They released an album with an Andy Warhol cover which featured a peelable illustration of a banana.
H5) Their song "Green Tamborine" hit #1 in 1968.
H6) Their bassist/vocalist was formerly with Hawkwind.
H7) Their lead singer now fronts a band with 3 former members of Guns N Roses.
H8) This group contributed the song "Drown" to the platinum-selling soundtrack of the 1992 movie SINGLES, a film set in the Seattle grunge music scene.
H9) Their version of Bob Dylan's "The Mighty Quinn" hit #10 in 1968.
Have fun and good luck to ya!
[img]wink.gif[/img]
-
October 6th, 2007, 10:12 PM
#62
Inactive Member
Thanks for the hints Wink! I needed them. [img]confused.gif[/img]
I just got two of them!
14 Velvet Underground
15 Stone Temple Pilots
-
October 6th, 2007, 10:56 PM
#63
Inactive Member
7) Mamas and the Papas
9) Lemon Pipers
13) Smashing Pumpkins
16) Ten Years After
Dude them Hints really helped, I thought I wuz gonna go crosseyed or sumptin
[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
-
October 7th, 2007, 03:02 AM
#64
Inactive Member
OK Here it comes:
02) Motorhead
06) Talking Heads
12) Manfred Mann
[img]cool.gif[/img] KLH
-
October 7th, 2007, 02:57 PM
#65
moderator
Well unless my math is wrong, this game is over!
I'm glad my hints were helpful in the figgering out of these Rock Band Anagrams!
Mister Twister, you've had a great showing with 4 correct answers!
14) is indeed Velvet Underground!
15) is indeed Stone Temple Pilots!
Ellanoize, you are our runner up, with 5 correct answers. Great job!
07) is indeed The Mamas And The Papas!
09) is indeed The Lemon Pipers!
13) is indeed Smashing Pumpkins!
16) is indeed Ten Years After!
KLH, you are the WINNER with 7 correct answers! Way to go dude!!!
02) is indeed Motorhead
06) is indeed Talking Heads
12) is indeed Manfred Mann
Here come your 7 Atta-Boys!
<marquee> <----Atta-Boy! Atta-Boy! Atta-Boy! Atta-Boy! Atta-Boy! Atta-Boy! Atta-Boy! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] </marquee>
Yep, that concludes another Music Trivia Game, here on the Cherie Currie message board, folks but let not your heart grow weary....
I'll be back a.s.a.p., if not sooner, with another one!
Thanks for joining us.
Adieu, for now!

Wink
-
October 7th, 2007, 07:11 PM
#66
Inactive Member
Thank you very much Gus.
I`ll be looking forward to a new game
KLH [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
-
October 10th, 2007, 06:00 AM
#67
Inactive Member
Congrats KLH and ellanoize. You are both worthy opponents. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I'll be watching for your next game wink!
Todd
-
October 11th, 2007, 01:37 PM
#68
Inactive Member
Good match guys [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I'll get ya next time [img]wink.gif[/img] LOL
I find it sorta funny that my brain can not recall what I did last week, but I can remember music trivia from years and years ago (sometimes)
rog
-
October 12th, 2007, 03:36 PM
#69
moderator
Some people have rocks in their head Rog
but you have ROCK in your head!
Far preferrable, no doubt! [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]
You three contestants demonstrate sportsmanship the way it's meant to be!
Love the TUDE dudes! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Thanks again for playing our Music Trivia Game!
Sending beaucoup attaboys out to all of ya!
Stay tuned for <u>Game #6</u>!
[img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
Wink
-
October 23rd, 2007, 04:57 AM
#70
moderator
Hi folks, it's me, Wink Dangerdale! ---> [img]wink.gif[/img] <---
Welcome to our [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] Music Trivia Game #6 [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
Once again, these are the real names of some famous musicians!
Can YOU come up with their stage names?
A fairly straight forward undertaking, wouldn't you say?
I hope you'll all opt to be contestants in this game and have some fun in doing so!
Okay, here we go then. WHO are these well known Rock & Roll People???
01) Dana Owens
02) Hugh Cregg
03) Michelle Harrison
04) Ellen Naomi Cohen
05) Barry Alan Pincus
06) Brian Warner
07) Marvin Lee Aday
08) Frederick Farookh Bulsara
09) Georgios Panayiotou
10) Roberta Joan Anderson
11) Richard Melville Hall
12) Charles Weedon Westover
13) Saul Hudson
14) Mary Isobel Catherine O'Brien
15) Yusef Islam
16) La Donna Gaines
17) Herbert Khaury
18) John Simon Ritchie
19) Stevland Morris
20) William Perks
Good luck ya'all! [img]wink.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks